Hostile environment awareness training (HEAT), is an informative and enjoyable 4 days of high intensity training, that combines theory and realistic simulation training. This is a residential course designed for those whose work takes them to challenging, remote or hostile areas. The participants undertaking this training are taken through the course by expert trainers, who have field experience, giving the participants the confidence and skills to operate outside their normal comfort zones.
Participants of HEAT learn how to recognize, assess, respond and avoid risks, which maximizes the likelihood of a positive conclusion.
The training undertaken is gradual, starting with theory, then moves to guided exercises to make participants, making them comfortable with each concept. The intensity levels increase each day as participants continue to learn new concepts, therefore the participants practice their new skills under more realistic conditions.
Weapons and mines Awareness
By the end of this training, participants should have an understanding of managing:
- Security Risk Assessment and Management
- Travel Security
- Personal Security
- Kidnapping and Negotiation skills
- Environmental Scanning/ Situational Awareness
- Risk, Threats and Vulnerability Assessment
- Active shooter Events
- Sexual Assault Avoidance/Gender Based Violence
- Interpersonal Communication Security
- Crisis and Incident Management Techniques
- Emergency First Aid
- Stress Management